How to get to Phu Quoc Island (or Pearl Island) has become more and more feasible nowadays, whether you begin from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, or Rach Gia. The most common modes of transport to this destination are car, plane, speedboat, or ferry. As the island remains charming and exquisite all year round, come to see it in a way you like soon.
Top Ways to Get to Phu Quoc Island
Get to Phu Quoc from Hanoi
Vietnam Airlines runs one Airbus flight per day from Hanoi to Phu Quoc, at 8:40 AM, which facilitates your travel much. So if you get started from Hanoi, book your ticket with the agency early and arrive at the local airport in 2-hour flight to be ready for the fantastic island exploration. From the airport, it’s easy to catch a taxi. The local biggest taxi brands are SASCO and Mai Linh which use the meter clocks, are safe and convenient; so no worry. Much fun awaits you there.
Get to Phu Quoc from Ho Chi Minh City
With a distance of 500km from Ho Chi Minh City (or Saigon) to Phu Quoc, there are two options to reach the destination: by plane or by car transfer and Rach Gia – Phu Quoc Speedboat.
- By plane: Both Vietnam Airlines and VietJet Air have flights to this island from Saigon. The flight time is about 50 minutes.
- By car transfer and Rach Gia – Phu Quoc Speedboat: Some high-quality bus tourist agencies are Phuong Trang, Kumho, Mai Linh, etc., which offer the interprovincial buses within Ho Chi Minh – Rach Gia route. It takes around 6 – 7 hours, depending on the traffic conditions. Know that the speedboat takes 2 hours and a haft to reach the pier.
Get to Phu Quoc from Can Tho
The similar transportation scenarios of Saigon – Phu Quoc are applied to Can Tho – Phu Quoc, which means you can use either the plane or the car transfer and the Rach Gia – Phu Quoc speedboat.
- By plane: Vietnam Airlines only offer one flight per day from Can Tho to Phu Quoc, at 13:00 PM. It takes around 45 minutes to get there.
- By car transfer and Rach Gia – Phu Quoc Speedboat: It’s recommended to use the high-quality bus services of Phuong Trang or Mai Linh who is specialized at the road transfer from Can Tho to Rach Gia, which takes around 3 hours. Then, when you are in Rach Gia, take the Superdong-branded speedboat to the island. It’s important to bring the travel-sickness tablets and avoid looking down the waves.
In case you use the boat or ferry service, the itinerary is subject to change, delay, or cancel due to the weather conditions. In order to discover the whole beauty of the Pearl Island, it’s recommended to combine some modes of transport. For example, those who are far away from the destination should take a flight or a bus/coach to the pier, then embark the boat to the island. After that, hire a local motorbike to roam around the places.
Top Tourist Spots to See in Phu Quoc Island
Make it a point to discover some or all of the places listed below:
- Ganh Dau Cape
- Dinh Cau Cape (the best place to watch sunset) and Dinh Cau Night Market
- Duong Dong Town and local market
- Tranh Spring
- Long Beach (Bai Dai) (once recognized by BBC as one of 10 most beautiful and pristine beaches in the world)
- Vinpearl Safari and Vinpearl Phu Quoc
- Ham Ninh Fishing Village
Now you know how to visit Phu Quoc Island with ease; it’s time to follow the directions toward the Pearl Site and enjoy a refreshing beach vacation.
Peple read also: